This year’s AGM took place on Tuesday 23 May 2011, at Community House, Easemore Road, Redditch.
The meeting was chaired by Alan Leadbeater (President), with Tony Jay (Chairman/Treasurer) and Jean Chalk (Secretary).
Norman Wheeler Memorial Award Winner: Alan Bugg
This annual award, dedicated to the memory of our late President Norman Wheeler, is presented at our AGM to a Society member who has, in one way or another, made an outstanding contribution to the Society in the past year.
We are delighted to announce that the eleventh deserving recipient of the Norman Wheeler Memorial Award is ALAN BUGG.
Anyone who saw, or was involved with, our production of Disney’s Beauty and the Beast would have admired the fabulous set. People may not have been aware that this was pretty much built single-handedly by Alan, who put hours of work into building and transporting the elements from his garage at home to our storage unit. It was a mammoth task undertaken for very little reward but one that played a vital part in the overall success of the show.
The photograph shows Alan Bugg (center) receiving the trophy from President Alan Leadbeater (left) and last year’s winner Tony Lacey (right).
The committee for this year as appointed at the AGM, and thereafter, are as follows:
- President: ALAN LEADBEATER
- Chairman (and Treasurer): TONY JAY
- Secretary: JEAN CHALK
- Committee Member: FAISAL KHAWAJA
- Committee Member: JEAN LEADBEATER
- Committee Member: VICKY PROSSER
- Committee Member: SAM SMITH
- Committee Member: BOB TAYLOR
- Committee Member: SUE TUDBERRY
- Co-opted (Children’s Manager): ROZ CHALK
- Co-opted (Ticket Secretary): ANN DUFFIN
- Co-opted Member: DAN WAINMAN