We are delighted to announce the nominees for the 2016/17 ‘Alan’ Award – our very own version of an Oscar!
There are five nominees this year. They are (in alphabetical order):
- PENNY HOY – for her role as Felicia Gabriel in The Witches of Eastwick.
- PAUL MITCHELL – for his role as Michael Spofford in The Witches of Eastwick.
- DANIELLE PURKESS – for her role as Sukie Rugemont in The Witches of Eastwick.
- LOUISE WALTON – for her role as Alexandra Spofford in The Witches of Eastwick.
- MARK WILLIAMS – for his role as Darryl Van Horne in The Witches of Eastwick.
Many congratulations to each of our nominees. The committee had 17 principal cast members to choose from this year, so it was no easy task!
The process to find the list of nominees is the same each year: a secret vote by all members of the committee. The name of every principal in the show goes onto the ballot paper, and each committee member privately marks their favourite four. All the committee votes are then tallied in secret (by the President and Chairman), and the top four (or five, this year, since there was a tie) automatically become the nominees. Not even the committee know how many votes each person received.
Who will win? Only YOU (our members) will decide. Every member attending our AGM on Tuesday 16 May 2017 will cast their vote in a private ballot before the proceedings begin. The winner will be announced, and the award presented, on the night itself.
Just a reminder that the Alan Leadbeater Memorial Award is for YOUR favourite performance of the year, from the list of nominees above. Not necessarily for the the biggest role, or most prominent performer of the year – a debut, or a cameo performance could equally be the performance you enjoyed the most.
See you all at the AGM… put Tuesday 16 May in your diaries now!